Get to know a little about our talented training staff!They are the heart and soul of the DA8 Training Facility and are the ones that will challenge you to meet your goals and be at your best!
Enter the name for this tabbed section: Destry Abbott
Enter the name for this tabbed section: James Perez
- ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
- ISSA Certified Specialist in Exercise Therapy
- Certified Neuromuscular Therapist
- CPR Certified
James’ career as a fitness and therapist professional was on its way working as a trainer at the local YMCA, a neuromuscular therapist for Penrose St Francis Rehab Facility, Miller Chiropractic, and a coach for Matchpoint Volleyball club. Since then he has lived in Arizona again, Maryland, and back to Arizona where along the way he learned from Physical Therapists, Orthopedic surgeons, Chiropractors, Fitness professionals, and other health practitioners.
One of those places was Arrowhead Sports Club in Glendale Arizona from 2002-2009 where he worked as a personal fitness trainer and met Destry Abbott. Working with Destry by helping him stay focused on getting his workouts done, developing new ways to increase his strength, cardio, and ability to recover quickly were the main objective. Because of the friendship with Destry, James was introduced to the offroad and motocross industry. He was able to work with many professional and amature riders such as: Ryan Clark, Nate Adams, Ted Campbell, Justin Buckelew, Josh Morros, Ricky Dietrich, Justin Soule, Nathan Woods, Brett Metcalf, Austin White, Brenden Ritzman, Bob Kiniry, and many more just to name drop a few. Working with each of them brought new or different ideas to put into his bag of tricks.
Returning to Arizona after a 4 year stint in Maryland presented a unique opportunity as Destry was embarking on a new venture with his DA8 riding training and Fitness facility. James gladly accepted the invitation from Destry and his wife Charlotte to help them put their project into motion.
Some impressive accomplishments (according to James):
- Owning and running his own business since 1999
- Being part of Destry Abbott’s program during his Hare & Hound championships
- Coached a Junior Olympic 2 person beach volleyball team to a national championship-2000
- Played quarter back and Safety on the 2003 Copperstate semi-pro football championship team
- Trained miss teen AZ 2004
- Raising 4 crazy but great children, still in progress!
Enter the name for this tabbed section: Kale Stately